Ah! October always brings back Halloween memories. Halloween is just a few short weeks away. Halloween is all about fun and creativity, scramble to out-do making the best Halloween mask and costumes beside off course the cheeky Jack-O-Lanterns. This year make the fun spirit of Halloween lives on by making a mask to assume a new identity so you can grab a disguise. Doing the mask yourself is at least 90% of the fun, right?
So down here you’ll find the instructions of How to Make a Paper Mache Mask With a Foil Mold.
What do you need?
• Aluminum foil
• Acrylic paint dries fast.
• Paint brushes and a mug.
• Scissor and white tape.
• Lots of newspapers.
• Flour and bowel of water.
Step one the base:
• Start by scrunching 8-10 pieces of aluminum foil of 12-inch-long piece.
• Put them on your face to make the shape of your face and press the aluminum foil over your face, covering it. Remove the foil once you have a mask-shaped impression of your face.
• Mark a line up to the edge of your fore head then trim away the excess foil from the mask portion using scissors.
• Mark your nose and cut about 2cm below it.
• Mark you eyes and make the holes (you can shape the eyes on this step weather round or a cat shape) stick some tapes on the eyes.
• Cut two slits and make a flap for the nose.
• Cut slits to make a curve for the forehead and tape it.
Step two paper layer:
• Whisk water and flour till it is thick paste, Coat the foil mask in a thin layer of the paste.
• Cut strips of newspapers.
• Dip the paper in the water and apply four to six layers to the top of the mask and two or three layers to the underside of the mask, leaving the foil the base Apply sandwiched between the layers. Let it dry.
• Cut strips of towel paper .
• Apply two vertical layers of towel paper Leave to dry for four to six hours, or until the paste dries and the toilet paper is dry to the touch.
• Add a second coat of the paste and a second horizontal coat of toilet paper. Let dry again.
• The good news is that even when covered in tape, foil retains its flexibility, so any features lost in the taping process will still conform to your face when you wear the mask.
• Apply white acrylic on the mask Leave to dry.
• Draw the design on the mask. Paint and decorate the mask with acrylic paint, glue and beads or findings and according to the design. We’ve posted some helpful suggestions; multitude of mystifying and mesmerizing Halloween masks which makes it a fun tradition– so you can develop alternate and multiple personalities in mere moments to frighten a friend or two!